Mentor Mentee Program
UniSZA Science and Medicine Foundation Center held a Mentor Mentee Program for students of the Science and Medicine Foundation Program on 4 September 2021. This program was conducted online using Cisco Webex Meetings application. The program which involved 142 students, was run by 10 lecturers as mentors and 5 administrative staff. The opening ceremony of the program was officiated by YBrs. Associate Prof. Dr. Sharifah Wajihah Wafa Syed Taadun Tarek Wafa, Director of UniSZA Science and Medicine Foundation Center.
The objective of organizing this program is to provide an opportunity for mentees to be acquainted with their respective mentors in a Covid-19 pandemic situation. Through the guidance and support of a mentor, this program also aims to create a strong family spirit and to inspire care for each other. By fostering a culture of cooperation, mentees can build self confidence in dealing with problems as a mentor is always concerned about the welfare of the mentee.
The program is divided into several slots:
- Online student registration.
- Opening ceremony by YBrs. Associate Prof. Dr. Sharifah Wajihah Wafa Syed Taadun Tarek Wafa, Director of UniSZA Science and Medicine Foundation Center.
- A speech by the President of PUSPA Student Association.
- Student performances,
- Group discussion facilitated by the mentors (ice-breaking).
- Poetry recitation competition between mentee groups.
- Verse competition between mentee groups.
- Screenings participation in an independence theme video competition between mentee groups (winners only).
- Individual independence quiz competition.
Each program slot received full cooperation from all students comprising 11 mentee groups.